Thursday, March 25, 2010

Tristan At Bat




Coach asked Tristan to get the team toughened up...

It's Spring and baseball season is here. I was never in Little League, but I have some fond nostalgia for seeing boys in baseball uniforms. This is supposed to look like one of those Little League photos parents get of their kid at bat.

This was a pencil drawing from a year or two ago I found in my sketch pile while looking for something else. It looked better than I remembered it, so I inked and colored it today. My goal was to make Tristan pop out, and then gradually you'd notice all the other details. The background got a bit muddy, but I think the rest works pretty well.

Tristan's actually a junior, so this isn't shota.

Yeah, those cleats gotta hurt...
:sweatdrop:

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I would give anything to be either of those guys!

    ReplyDelete